Terrene
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to a BRAND NEW role-playing site where you can use the greatest of your imagination in a world where anything's possible...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Entering Terrene

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bryce Mason

Entering Terrene Empty
PostSubject: Entering Terrene   Entering Terrene EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Bryce was here; finally here. He emerged from the crevice in the cliff. He had gone on a long journey to get here. But where was he, exactly? He didn't really know. It just felt right. Immediately he could sense the mystical things around him. He looked behind him at the crevice, and saw nothing but darkness. Where had he come from? All he could remeber at the moment was being on an island, and lots of glowing. Then he wound up here.

Where am I? he thought. The sky was glowing a blueish color. At first, Bryce was super confused, but then he noticed a huge ball of blue fire in the sky. The sun? A blue sun. How peculiar. Yet very cool. Bryce continued walking through the surrounding trees. He didn't know where he was going, but he was going somewhere.

Then, out of no where, a growling sound emerged from the depths of the brush. Bryce stepped away from where the sound was coming from, and continued walking, trying to ignore the frightening sound. But there it was again. Grooh, Grooh was what it sounded like. It was much closer than before. Bryce was so surprised that he stumbled backwards on a rock and fell down. Roots from a plant were beginnig to move up his arm as if they were going to pull him into the dirt. Hey! Let go of me! Bryce yelled as he pulled the roots off of him. Luckilly they weren't very strong, and they weren't holding on very tight.

This forest was full of creatures. The growling was getting louder, so Bryce broke into a sprint. He ran as fast as he could, and he quickly ran out of breath. When he looked back over his shoulder to see if there was anything behind him, he crashed. He flew backwards back onto the floor again. After blinking away a few stars, he looked at what he had crashed into. No, it wasn't a what. It was a who. He crashed into a person! Whoa! Hey, sorry! I'm kind of in trouble. Bryce didn't know why he was standing here explaining why he was running away, but he felt the need to. He wanted to stay with this person. Maybe they could help him.

Back to top Go down
Calypso Adair
Admin
Calypso Adair

Entering Terrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering Terrene   Entering Terrene EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Calypso was sitting on a log in the forest. She was thinking about what she was going to do. She had just arrived at this planet and it was much different from anything that she'd ever seen before. She let out a small sigh. She had only been on this planet for a few days, and she'd done a little exploring. She hadn't seen anybody on this planet before. She wondered if she was the only person here on Terrene. Calypso saw a rock on the ground, and picked it up. One thing's for sure, she thought as she held the rock in her hand. This place is not normal... She threw the rock up at the tree branches above her. The closest branch reached out like an arm, and caught the rock. You don't see that every day. Well, maybe in Terrene.

The tree threw the rock back at Calypso and it hit her on her shoulder. "Hey!" she yelled. She went for another rock to throw at the tree, but then she heard a yell. Hey! Let go of me! The voice sounded far off, but close enough that Calypso could run to it. Someone was in trouble. There's someone else on this planet! she thought.

Calypso dropped the rock in her hand, and ran towards the yell. Where did it come from? What was wrong? She twisted and turned among the trees, dodging big rocks and logs that were in her way. Finally she went around a big tree and saw the boy. His head was turned, and he wasn't looking at where he was going. Calypso was too slow to get out of the way, and they crashed. She was flung against a tree, and the boy was thrown on the ground. Whoa! Hey, sorry! I'm kind of in trouble. he said. Calypso was speechless. This was the first person she had seen on Terrene. She almost wanted to hug the boy, but didn't. That would be really wierd. Um, yeah I can see that. Calypso could hear the growls, and she saw the marks of roots on his arms. Follow me! I know a place that's safe! Calypso turned around and started to run, hoping that the boy would follow.

She had been living in the forest for a few days now, and she had what was kind of like a home. She knew that there were houses in a village nearby, but she was afraid that there were natives there. She would go there soon. She knew it. It just took a little courage, and that was building up little by little every day. Maybe she would go there today? Who knows? She formed a hidden place to hide among the tallest and thickest of trees. She ran inside. She really hoped that the boy had been following her. Hey! Are you there? she called out.

Last edited by Calypso Adair on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://terrene.forumotion.com
Bryce Mason

Entering Terrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering Terrene   Entering Terrene EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Bryce had crashed into a girl. She looked to be a little older that he was, yet with the same look of confusion on her face. She looked surpised from the encounter that they had; of crashing into each other. Her face was beginning to show understanding of the 'trouble' that Bryce was in when another loud growl arouse from what seemed like no where. The vine markes were very noticeable, so Bryce tried to cover them up with his hands. Follow me! I know a place that's safe! Without question, Bryce began to follow the girl. She must know what she's doing. She appeared to remain calm, so he tried to act that way as well.

However, he wasn't 100% sure if he should trust this girl. After all, everything else on this planet has been pretty abnormal so far. But who else was he supposed to trust? He continued to run behind the girl, still looking over his shoulder to make sure they weren't being followed. But when he looked back, the girl was gone. At first he had no idea what had happened. She couldn't have just disappeared, could she? Then her voice came from behind a big group of trees, Hey! Are you there? Bryce was surprised to see that the girl had made a hidden hide-out here in this forest. It was quite interesting. When he went inside, he sat on the forest floor. But then he remebered the roots. So, he made sure that he kept an eye on the plants around him.

He let out a sigh of relief, finally safe from what was chasing him. Thanks for helping me out back there. You practically saved my life. He paused, allowing his breathing to return to a normal pace. I'm Bryce by the way. Bryce Mason.
Back to top Go down
Calypso Adair
Admin
Calypso Adair

Entering Terrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering Terrene   Entering Terrene EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Calypso allowed herself a sigh of relief when she saw the boy run into the hide-out. She was afraid that she would have to back out there to find him. That growling sound did frighten her. She felt safe in her little 'home'. The boy sat down the ground, yet seemed to be kind of cautious about something. He was keeping his hands away from the forest floor. That also confused Calypso. She had never seen the roots come to life before. But here on Terrene anything could happen. She looked outside through a little break in the tree branches so she could see what was going on out there. There appeared to be nothing out of the ordinary. However, something felt odd.

Thanks for helping me out back there. You practically saved my life. Calypso felt her face go slightly red. She had never saved anyone's life before. Well, I couldn't just let you die from...whatever was chasing you. She lay her hands on the grass, feeling it's smoothness and little grip on her fingers. They were like small tugs bringing her to the ground. Yet, the weren't strong enough to bring her down forcefully. I'm Bryce by the way. Bryce Mason. Calypso held out her hand to Bryce for a handshake and said, Hi Bryce. I'm Calypso. Calypso Adair.

She paused herself, deciding on what to say next. She had just met Bryce, and she didn't know anything about him. But it felt right to give him a hand. He was in danger. He may still be in danger. Do you have any idea what was following you? I mean, I didn't see anything, but I did hear something. Calypso looked out into the forest once more through the break to see if anything was out there. There was nothing solid, but she couldn've sworn that she saw a mist type glow. It was all over the forest. Just another thing about Terrene that was magical. Yep, this place is...something else... Calypso said to herself. Then, realizing that she had drifted off for a second, she turned back to Bryce and smiled a little.

She was thinking about the nearby village. It was just across the forest, a small walk from where the two of them were right now. There hadn't been much activity there. But how was she just supposed to go on in, make herself at home, and continue her life on Terrene? There was definately no going back to Earth. Calypso didn't belong there. She felt better on this planet. Sure it was different, but that was what was so fascinating about it. You never knew what would find. Whether it was a tree catching a rock in mid air, or a log turning into a full grown, living plant. You had to be pretty special to make it here.

Back to top Go down
Bryce Mason

Entering Terrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering Terrene   Entering Terrene EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:22 pm

The girl, Calypso, seemed to be really nice. Bryce was lucky that she was there to help him. She didn't have to stop and take him to safety but she did; that was something that no one did for him back where he lived on Earth. So, this was a huge change for Bryce. Do you have any idea what was following you? I mean, I didn't see anything, but I did hear something. Calypso said. Bryce nodded in agreement; he certainly did not see any monster or creature following him. but there was growling. Calypso's mind seemed to wander off. Bryce couldn't help but wonder how long she had been on the planet. Had she seen everything there was to discover on Terrene? Would she be able to help Bryce further on? She clearly was there long enough to make a secret hiding place.

Bryce patiently waited until Calypso looked back from the break in the branches. Once he had her attention again, he said, "I...I have no idea what happened back there. I didn't see anything either. But you know what? I think that it's just a trick of the forest. I think that there really wasn't anything chasing me. It was just my imagination. From what I've seen so far, that type of thing could happen easily. Bryce didn't know where that idea came from, but it made sense to him. He hoped that it didn't make him sound crazy, though.

Now that his mind was calmed down, he was able to relax and get to know Calypso a little better. So, how'd you get here? On this planet? I got here by some magical force or something. It's...hard to explain. As Bryce was recalling all of the strange things that had happened to him the past day. It was actually pretty exciting.

Last edited by Calypso Adair on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong color coding :))
Back to top Go down
Calypso Adair
Admin
Calypso Adair

Entering Terrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering Terrene   Entering Terrene EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Bryce's guess as to what was chasing him was logical, especially being on Terrene. Anything was possible, really. The growling was gone, and the coast was clear. However, Calypso was still a little unsure about heading back out in the forest. There were wild animals out there. A few times she had seen your average creatures; wolves, bears, bugs. And yet, she had seen a few animals, that didn't really look like animals at all! For example, when Calypso had first arrived at Terrene, and she was freaking out from the shock of coming to some unknown planet, she had spotted a big bird that didn't have any feet; just a tail. Calypso wasn't even sure if that bird was real. It could've just been from the overwhelming feel of arriving at a new place...but it sure did look real.

So, how'd you get here? On this planet? I got here by some magical force or something. It's...hard to explain. Calypso had to think hard about that question. It was difficult for her to remember how she got there. It was like she fainted on the way over there, and she experienced memory loss. I...really...can't recall how. There was obviously something weird about it. It wasn't like some spaceship trip. It was...mystical. One minute I was walking through the streets, the next minute, things got dark and then I woke up next to a huge crevice in the side of the cliff. Calypso looked straight in Bryce's eye. He was just like her. He came to Terrene, and he didn't really know why.

I like it here. It's not hard for me to admit that. It's just...I want to explore further. I've been in this hide-out the past few days, doing absolutely nothing. Then you came along, and all of a sudden, I really want to go out there. You know, there's a village not too far from here. I've been wanting to see who or what is there. I think that it's empty, though. If it is, I could have a home. And you could too, Bryce! I just have to make it there. Calypso paused for a second, allowing herself to understand what she was saying. Everything was just flowing out of her mouth. Would you come with me to the Village? She was afraid of what Bryce would think. Would he just go back to Earth? Or would he stay, and explore Terrene?
Back to top Go down
Bryce Mason

Entering Terrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering Terrene   Entering Terrene EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:05 am

Bryce Mason was surprised by the sudden change in attitude towards Terrene. Before, she seemed just as lost as he was. Now, she was acting like some explorer who would die to go out past the regular boundaries. Bryce would never get to that point. He has always been somewhat of a coward. He ran away from a trick of the mind. A growl that wasn't even there. He hardly stood up for himself back in the old days. He even ran away from his original life so that he could find something new. Bryce was nothing. Although, Calypso's speech about how she suddenly wanted to go out into the enchanted forest inspired him. He felt a little, warm fire burning inside him. He was getting that excited feeling in the pit of his stomach.

You know, there's a village not too far from here. I've been wanting to see who or what is there. I think that it's empty, though. If it is, I could have a home. And you could too, Bryce! I just have to make it there. Would you come with me to the Village? Bryce stood up, not thinking, and looked down at Calypso sitting on the floor. He had not been expecting that offer, if you will. He didn't even know that there was a village on this planet. A village means a safer place to stay, and a plan for a good life on Terrene. Howeve, a village also meant that things would get tougher. He would be going out into the village on his own, making his own things, everything. But, if he didn't go to the village, where else would he be able to go? He couldn't go back to Earth, and he couldn't stay in this forest; not after all that's happened. The village was really his only choice.

Um... Bryce took a deep breath. He couldn't believe what he was about to do. Okay. I'll go the village with you. It can't be worse than this forest. He shrugged. He looked out into the trees to see if anything was out there, but there was nothing. Just a light mist lurking through the brush.

Bryce was already heading out the 'door'. Where had this new confindence come from? It was very strange, but it made him feel good inside. He was feeling better than he had ever been before. He looked behind him to see if Calypso was going to follow him (not that he knew the way), and said, Well, Calypso? Are you coming? He smiled and continued to walk slowly through the Terrene forest unsure of where to go.

Back to top Go down
Calypso Adair
Admin
Calypso Adair

Entering Terrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering Terrene   Entering Terrene EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:07 pm

((I think it's safe to say that this can be taken further in the Village forum))

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Entering Terrene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entering Terrene   Entering Terrene Empty

Back to top Go down

Entering Terrene
Page 1 of 1